Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Old Friends/New Friends

A few months ago a friend came to me and told me he was getting married....TWICE. That's right TWO weddings and they were a week apart! He had met the love of his life (total God thing) while having a brief stopover in Miami where she just happened to be briefly on a business trip. Lina's home was Colombia, South America and Kirk, well, he's a good ole boy from Mississippi. Two different cultures about to merge but to make it happen, it was necessary for two weddings...one in Medellin, Colombia and one here in TN. I was so happy when Kirk said that Lina had seen my photography and they wanted me to shoot their wedding here. I helped Kirk a smidge with some of the wedding planning but didn't have the privilege of meeting Lina until the day before. I knew within 2 min of meeting her that she was just one of those people that everyone adores!!! She is so beautiful and her personality is like diamonds...so sparkling!!! People think I have an accent, well Lina has her own going on and I LOVE IT!!!! I knew I would be so lucky to count her as my new found friend and she is. I have the privilege of going to their new home for lunch showing them all the photos from the day but I put together a little slideshow too... check it out! (Big thanks to Brad
Paisley for the music and ANGELA WARD for GREAT Make-up that day!!)

3 comments:

Jorge Iván said...

Hola Amy. Felicitaciones por esas hermosas fotografías. Al verlas hemos recordado con mucho sentimiento el maravilloso matrimonio de nuestros hijos Kirk y Lina.
Un abrazo desde Medellín, Colombia.

Jorge Martha y Alejandro Londono

Unknown said...

Amy Thank you very much, It was a wonderful gift for us who live far away....
Hope to see you all soon....
Love
Laura (Lina's cousin)

Alejandro Couttin said...

Wow!! Lina I had No idea, you look so beautiful and you guys look very happy.
I wish you guys the best in life.

Alejo Couttin